Beef Sirloin Roast
Regular price $49.50
- Pat dry & bring to room temperature.
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 210°C (230°C for non fan-forced)
- Place roast a large, heavy-based roasting tray.
- Season the meat with good quality sea salt just prior to cooking.
- Make a trivet by roughly chopping equal amounts of onion, carrot and celery plus a bay leaf, sprig of thyme and a few black peppercorns.
- Place the beef fat side up onto the trivet.
- Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 160°C (180°C non fan-forced). Continue roasting for 12-15 minutes per 500g reaching a core temperature of 52°C before resting for a medium rare finish.
- Remove from the oven, put onto a clean tray and keep warm by covering with a sheet of foil. Rest for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving, leaving the roasted vegetables in the tray for the gravy.
- For the gravy, make up 500ml of beef stock, then deglaze roasting tray with this stock stirring in all the caramelized juices from the tray. Next, pass through a fine sieve pushing all the juices from the vegetables into a clean saucepan. Bring to a simmer and thicken if required by whisking in a teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a little cold water and reduce till you reach a rich, glossy gravy.